pajkossy

Here you'll find stuff I'm interested in - maybe just for the moment, but probably more durably so. For those of you who don't know, the embedded YouTube videos play best if you click in the lower left of the window, then click there again to pause the video while it loads. It's best to wait ‘til the red line fills up all the way, but at least let it get about a half an inch past the play head before you click play again. Please comment - it's the only way I can tell you care :)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

this needs to be here

I'm not going to tell you anything about it, so if you want to know you'll have to communicate with me through comments or do some detective work of your own.

It's a film in two parts, and there may be no other film that has influenced me so much as this one.

pt 1


pt 2

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger GORdon said...

goddamn it jim, i didn't know this movie was so singularly important to you!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Jim - I watched 3 min of the 1st one and still have no clues about the references except for the Dream Machine. And based on my cluelessness at this point I will remain clueless no matter how many times I watch them! So could you please enlighten me.

7:51 AM  
Blogger pajkossy said...

OK

It's ws burroughs, brion gysin, and anthony balch (the one who actually made the film) droning fake scientology drills. There's something about it that was very deeply affecting to me when I first saw it and it is forever lodged in my psyche.

There's a way that it is simultaneously really rich and really dry/hollow. And it's one of those "love it or hate it" things. Or maybe "take it or leave it" is more appropriate. "can you take it" or do you "have to leave it"? It either goes into your brain like a rocket to the sun or it bounces off.

I'm starting to examine my connection to relationship with reality and this movie and things that flow from it were formative influences on that relationship and connection.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home