pajkossy

Here you'll find stuff I'm interested in - maybe just for the moment, but probably more durably so. For those of you who don't know, the embedded YouTube videos play best if you click in the lower left of the window, then click there again to pause the video while it loads. It's best to wait ‘til the red line fills up all the way, but at least let it get about a half an inch past the play head before you click play again. Please comment - it's the only way I can tell you care :)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Meta

I find this video to be really clever and funny:



I especially love the way the image that the narrator is creating turns out in the final second of the piece. I find this "motion screen capture" with voice over narration to be quite a stunning comedy bit. I mean, really, did you ever think that a narrated photoshop tutorial could be used as a comedy bit? If you've used Photoshop, you probably can imagine the planning that went into not only creating such a final image, but it's really impressive to me that the videomakers led up to that great "punchline" image with a such rich little anecdote.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm... strange and clever. And also ... about cats... which came into MY life at a time when perhaps I ALSO needed to "mark my territory." ... And I, TOO, suck at Photoshop. And I'm trying to get rid of my cats, though not by suffocation-by-photoshop. What is it EXACTLY you are trying to tell me?
Here are some good cat videos for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt4zvJNXbdI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ860P4iTaM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0zgQAp7EYw

11:30 PM  
Blogger pajkossy said...

no hidden messages :)

At least none that I'm aware of...

I just thought it was kind of hilariously awful how the "story" in the video turns out at the end, and the final image and formal aspects in general of this video are totally fascinating to me. I'm super picky and wierd about what comedy I find funny and interesting.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home