pajkossy

Here you'll find stuff I'm interested in - maybe just for the moment, but probably more durably so. For those of you who don't know, the embedded YouTube videos play best if you click in the lower left of the window, then click there again to pause the video while it loads. It's best to wait ‘til the red line fills up all the way, but at least let it get about a half an inch past the play head before you click play again. Please comment - it's the only way I can tell you care :)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Scientology

I had a bad experience with Scientology once back in the early 1990s.

I went into a storefront of theirs to take their personality test thing and ended up running out of the building after they had kept me there for about 3 hours (from about 4 to 7 PM) with no offer of food or water. They alternated between having me sit and hang out in a quiet waiting room and calling me into a small room in which a woman would glare at me from across a small table and tell me that I needed help.

In the end, they started to ask questions about my bank accounts at which point I told them I could not make any decisions about spending hundreds of dollars on the spur of the moment. They offered me an initial session for free if I could stay that night, but I was tired and shaking from hunger by that time so I beat a hasty path out the door.

After some time spent in the last week or so looking at videos about Scientology, I found this one on YouTube that is pretty much the scariest of what I came across.



Sometimes the guy behind the camera does seem like a slight bit of a jerk, but for the most part I was pretty impressed by the way he held up under the harrassment of the Scientology men.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

freaky. Lots of rage there, on both sides.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Jim, when are you going to post again?
Did I tell you that I totally rock and that I banged out that freelance work?? well, I do. and I did. :)

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home