pajkossy

Here you'll find stuff I'm interested in - maybe just for the moment, but probably more durably so. For those of you who don't know, the embedded YouTube videos play best if you click in the lower left of the window, then click there again to pause the video while it loads. It's best to wait ‘til the red line fills up all the way, but at least let it get about a half an inch past the play head before you click play again. Please comment - it's the only way I can tell you care :)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Friday, January 19, 2007

Halfmania.com

I just jumped through all the hoops necessary to buy a Wii console from Halfmania for $125.

It took me just over an hour to figure everything out and make my choices of which "offers" to apply for and then fill out all those online forms. As of now - only a half an hour later - I'm still waiting to find out if I'll be verified by all the companies I "applied" to, only one of the 3 needed actually came through with what I would call "instant verification".

I may have bought into a whole bunch of hassle an expense if I can't cancel some of the free or cheap trial offers I applied for - I'll come back with an update on that situation later as things develop.

It looks kind of like a scam, but it's a fairly complicated and detailed scam, so I don't get the feeling that it's a %100 rip-off type scam. Rather I think it is a sort of "if you can't jump through every single hoop we command you to, them you get nothing and we made a few bucks from you" kind of scam. One could also see it as a validation of the "no free lunch" adage - basically you have to work pretty hard, and spend a little money to get your half price thing-that-you-wanted-in-the-first-place (I'm hoping it works out well for me in the end).

Again I'll let you know how things develop.

UPDATE:
two months later...This is a total scam. I got nothing of value from my efforts and $ spent on Halfmania.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

hey, any update on this one yet?

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home