pajkossy

Here you'll find stuff I'm interested in - maybe just for the moment, but probably more durably so. For those of you who don't know, the embedded YouTube videos play best if you click in the lower left of the window, then click there again to pause the video while it loads. It's best to wait ‘til the red line fills up all the way, but at least let it get about a half an inch past the play head before you click play again. Please comment - it's the only way I can tell you care :)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Some dogs are dumb

A dog almost committed suicide today because it was so excited to see me.

I'm riding my bike down the Huron St hill into town this morning when I suddenly hear a woman shouting some indecipherable word over and over again. I glance over in the direction of the sound and it turns out the indecipherable word is the name a very dumb dog - some kind cocker spaniel piece of work - that is racing across all four lanes of one of the busiest streets in Ann Arbor (during AM rush hour, no less).

Lucky for me its breeding mix has given it pretty short legs and it just looks sort of stupidly floppy and non-threatening - I'm going about 15-20 mph on a down hill, so it only takes me a split second to gauge the speeds and distances and know that it isn't gonna catch me.

A male voice then joins in shouting the indecipherable word that's apparently indecipherable to the dog too as cars speed by. Not wanting to see the death, or crash for the distraction (I've been big on keeping my attention focused to minimize risk factors since my accidents last year) I just keep on riding and looking straight ahead. Still, the morbid curiosity in me keeps one ear tuned for telltale sounds.

There were none.

If you live in an urban area, please keep your dog on a leash at all times. Even if you're "just taking him/her out to the car."

I don't like dogs too much in general, but I'd feel bad if your dog killed itself because it was so excited to see me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

goof. you sound so annoyed by dogs in general. you should put up a post about the dogs who bark in our neighborhood :0

3:12 PM  
Blogger pajkossy said...

Yeah, dogs belong out in rural areas IMHO.

Except maybe kitty-doggies :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger GORdon said...

barking at errant dog owners, turning the tables on hypocritical lefties, and marveling at the awesome power of Lead Shot ...

ME LIKES!

ME LIKES!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home